Friday, November 03, 2006

Grace & Eligance

Some of us have it some of us don't. I often wonder why some people can go through life and not stumble on the piece of dirt in front of them. They manage to step on it and nothing every happens. How boring this must be. Some people can walk through a mud puddle and not even get a speck of mud on their boots. Then others walk through that same mud puddle and are covered from heat to toe in mud. Some people can multitask and others can't. Some of you people reading this blog think you know where this is going....Oh no you don't......
Last night I was in the barn doing my nightly chores. It's routine, nothing every changes. I go into the barn, let the pigs out to wander around. Then I take the cats upstairs and go about mixing them a can of cat food with hot water and dry food. This is a real big deal to them. Each night some cats ten to argue more than others. Some hiss, spit even claw out at the others. While last night things got a little out of hand. Two of the niglets got into a major spat. So I kicked out at them. As I kicked out, my other foot slipped and I fell backwards. As I was going, I grabbed a bale of hay. Never thinking the bale was at hand height and there were many rows of bales above that one. The hay never budged and yes it did stop the fall from being so harsh. Meanwhile the cats are all scattering. They were frantically running not knowing what the hell was going on. I did eventually land on my ass, twisting my arm, straining my neck, wrenching my back. I jumped up because that's what one does when they have just made a total fool out of themselves. Even know I know I'm the only one in the barn, at least I think I am. But we never know where the SLG (Shady Lane Ghost) is lurking. And yes she's been around again. I do come up to the house and why I would ever say a word is beyond me. I said to John and Melissa that I had a little tumble. Before I could say anything else they were laughing their asses off. The did finally want to hear the story and they just continued to laugh louder and louder. Today my arm is killing me. My neck is fine, no bruises on my ass, but once again a bruised ego.

2 comments:

SusanE said...

I'd love to have been the SLG watching you.... she must just get so much fun out of your antics

Fiddling Granny said...

Hmmmmm .... it's been so long since I've had something to work with ......